Aimless Wonderings

Just another UMW Blogs.org weblog

Why I took this Seminar

Filed under: Uncategorized August 28, 2007 @ 8:45 pm

I decided to take this class because it sounded interesting. Video and computer games have been a part of my life for a very long time thanks to the influence of my brother, who has always been an avid gamer. I’ve never been quite as much of a gamer as him, but i do enjoy watching and playing them. I thought it would be interesting to study computer games from an academic perspective, and this type of course has never been available to me. I am especially interested in the effects computer games have had on society, since they have revolutionized entertainment and so many aspects of life. People in this day and age can’t imagine a world without computer and video games. I am especially interested in the topic of whether violent computer games lead to violent acts in real life. I personally don’t think that they do, but i was curious to see what others think about this subject, since it is an ongoing controversy currently. I also hope to meet other people interested in computer games during this class, and I hope to have fun!

1 Comment

1. polack:

I love your reasons for taking the class. I have done some research on violent games lead to violent acts in real life and will share this in class. However, I will tell you that society and specialist are split down the middle on this and their is research that supports both sides of the argument

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.